1 cup frozen spinach (measure while frozen and then allow to thaw)
3 cloves garlic
3 ounces silken, or medium-firm tofu
1/4 cup Neufchatel cheese
1/2 cup 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
3 tablespoons almonds, ground
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon olive oil (to oil the serving cups)
1. If you are using whole almonds, place them in the bowl of the food processor and grind them until the broken almonds resemble sand. Place it in a small bowl and set it aside.
2. Place the garlic in the food processor and process until it is finely minced, and then add the artichokes, the spinach, the tofu and process 2 more seconds until they are roughly chopped.
3. In a medium bowl beat together the yogurt, Neufchatel cheese, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, the yogurt, and the cayenne. Add this mixture to the artichokes. Oil, or spray, three 1-cup ramekins and then place the mixture into the ramekins.
4. Mix together the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano and the ground almonds, and then sprinkle the mix over the top of the 3 ramekins. Bake them at 375° for 35-40 minutes. To Serve – place each ramekin between 2 people.
*Notes – 1. If you don’t have ramekins, use a 3 to 4 cup ovenproof serving bowl to bake the dip in.
2. Neufchatel cheese has 1/3 less fat than cream cheese.
Check out what these other bloggers have cooked up!