1. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave for about 1 minute.
2. To the butter, add brown sugar, coconut, pecans, vanilla, and cinnamon.
3. Add milk and combine well.
4. Using a fork, poke holes into the cake. This will allow all that topping goodness to seep through.
5. Pour the coconut pecan topping over.
6. Spread. Allow this to cool before cutting because it may fall apart, although it tastes amazing when warm.
OVERALL RATING: 4.5 / 5
This cake was amazing, seriously amazing! It goes perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee. The combination of oats and boiling water makes this cake extremely moist. Jhiane said this was the moistest cake of mine she has ever tried, and I'd have to agree. The coconut and pecans give this cake the crunch and texture. I didn't give this cake a perfect score because the topping was slightly on the sweeter side. Next time I plan on using a 1/4 cup of brown sugar for the Coconut Pecan Topping. Try it, I promise you it is amazing! Of course, my mom loved it!
TELL ME: How do you spend time quality time with your girlfriends?