The service lets users take content they care about from around the Web and organize it into “pinboards.”
If healthcare brands want to use Pinterest successfully, here are our top 5 Pinterest tips:
1. Promote a lifestyle: Create an experience to share with Pinterest followers. For instance, we at THE HEAVYWEIGHTS pin photos of our studio in Indianapolis because the office reflects our way of thinking. A healthcare organization will want to promote a healthy, fitness or wellness lifestyle. Additionally, you want to share visuals that others can find inspiration from in hopes that they’ll repin, so it’s a good opportunity to feature an aesthetic space.
2. Listen to feedback: Use your boards as a focus group. Make sure you’re attentive to comments.
3. Pin from various sources: Be sure to repin from within the site to engage with others. You want other Pinterest users to follow you, which is frequently reciprocated if you follow others.
4. Inspire your followers: What inspires you may inspire followers. For example, we pin photos of the office’s CHALK TALK , a weekly inspirational quote that is drawn by a team member, on Mondays.
5. Be Pinnable: Upload pins and create boards that others will want to repin. Make your boards visually appealing. Tag your boards and individual pins with descriptive titles to improve you traction in Pinterest search, and make sure you categorize all of your boards.