Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Las Vegas Entertainer Danny Gans Died Accidentally – Caused by Prescription Painkiller

Posted Jun 10 2009 4:54pm

When you read something like this, it really makes you think seriously about the potential of medical devices that maybe can help in some of these areas.  BD 

Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans' death was accidental, caused by a prescription painkiller, a coroner said Tuesday. image

Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said an autopsy, toxicology and microscopic samples showed the 52-year-old Gans died from toxic levels of hydromorphone. The opiate drug, commonly marketed under the brand name Dilaudid, is used to treat chronic pain, which Gans suffered from, Murphy said.

On Tuesday, Lightman said: "Everyone knew he had two shoulder surgeries and excruciating back problems."

Lightman attributed Gans' chronic pain to back injuries dating to his years playing minor league baseball and to the rigors of his performances.

Coroner: Danny Gans Died Accidentally - ABC News

Post a comment
Write a comment: