Is your State or Health Plan Prepared for Health Insurance Exchanges?
Posted Sep 14 2011 2:36pm
The Health Insurance Exchange Congress offers health plan executives and state officials two unique tracks to prepare for the implementation of the Affordable Care Act starting January 2014. With Exchanges to take at least 18 months to develop, now is the time to plan your strategy with industry experts so you are ready.
State Health Officials Track’s focus is to Assess and Design. State Health Officials will learn how to lay the groundwork for a successful Exchange that best meets the needs of their citizens. Sessions to focus on this include
- Create a System for Health Plan Certification Identify the Operational and IT Implications an Exchange Might have for a State
- Create a Working Risk Adjustment Mechanism
The Health Plan Executives Track will focus on preparing and laying the groundwork for Health Plan Executives. It will assess the opportunities that various state Exchanges offer and learn how to evaluate the benefits of different Exchanges. Sessions focusing on this include
- Identify Unexpected Expenses of Participating in an Exchange from the Beginning
- Consider the Role and Compensation of Brokers
- Ensure Comprehensive Provider Network Coverage to Better Meet the Needs of Potential Members