I have spoken to and corresponded with many practicing physicians about Obamacare. A universal sense among physicians is Obamacare is closing in on their freedom to make clinical judgments and care for their patients in the best way.
President Obama claims to be promoting best practices but the sense is the results of Obamacare will be bad for them and their patients.
Some physicians have taken a defensive position and sold their practices to hospital systems. They are willing to let the access to care and the rationing of care become a problem the hospital systems will deal with.
Many of those physicians have forgotten the mistrust they have had for the hospital systems in the past.
Intuitively, physicians understand that hospital systems will take advantage of their intellectual property and technical skills for the hospital system’s benefit and profit.
The physicians who have joined hospital systems are hoping they will make an adequate living and have less aggravation. They will be sheltered from the government, the healthcare insurance industry and patients.
I believe those physicians will be surprised when they realize they will be serfs of the government, the healthcare insurance industry and the hospital systems.
I have read some awful contracts physicians have signed with hospital systems.
Physicians know the winner under Obamacare will be the government and its quest for control over the healthcare system.
They also know that the healthcare insurance industry knows how to control the government and its spending thereby increasing its profits. The government is totally dependent on the healthcare insurance industry for its administrative services.
Hospital systems are afraid they will not receive what they consider their corporate share of the government largess.
Many physicians feel Obamacare is a government ploy claiming to reduce the cost of medical care to the detriment of patients and physicians under the guise of improving the quality of healthcare. President Obama is ignoring the underlying problems.
Most physicians are not political activists. They also do not understand their enormous political power. Patients, government, hospital systems and the healthcare insurance industry desperately need physicians as their workforce.
If one physician has 2,000 patients in his practice he has 2,000 that like him and approve of his care. These patients will listen to him.
Few physicians explain the coming threat of Obamacare to the practice of medicine to their patients.
David McKalip, M.D., Neurological Surgeon, wrote the following letter to his physician friends for them to distribute it to their patients. The distribution does not take much of physicians’ office time.
The threat to patient care is discussed well.
Every physician and his patients should distribute the letter to their entire email list.
President Obama is trying hard to distract both physicians and patients from the effects of his horrible law. He and the press do not want to talk about it with only 6 weeks to his possible re-election.
All that has to be done is to copy and paste the letter and email or give it to your patients and friends.
Feel free to copy and paste the entire blog to include my comments. I believe this letter is appropriate one day before the first debate.
This is a letter I will be sending out to my physician colleagues. I will then be placing fliers in my waiting room supporting Romney and a large sign on my property.
The time is now or never. Please take this letter and send it to your entire referring list. The cost of the mailing will be worth it so you know you did what you could….
I write you at a critical time in American History as a dangerous threat faces the future of our medical profession and our patients.
I am asking for your help to save medicine by reaching out to the only people that can save it: your patients. For most of my career I have been working to protect our profession from control by the self-serving interests of the government and insurance companies.
I have greatly appreciated the often-quiet support of so many of you who could be confident that I was working with many other medical leaders on your behalf. However, now I ask you to do something more: to stand up with me and so many others to ensure that American Medicine is protected by electing Mitt Romney as President and stop President Obama’s government and corporate takeover of medicine.
It is certain that a President Romney won’t be perfect, but at least he is someone we can hold accountable. President Obama and his administration have been granted extraordinary powers by Congress to implement Obamacare in any way they see fit through rule-making authority – they will keep coming after doctors.
Obamacare is a bridge too far for medicine and must be stopped now so we can implement better reform that drives down costs, and truly improves access and quality (as offered by the Florida Medical Association).
So I will ask you to speak directly to your patients and do something that is rarely warranted – advocate that they elect Mitt Romney President. Such dramatic actions should only occur in historic times like these; but we must take action now while we still can.
Here are the messages I would ask you to give to your patients.
Obamacare will ration the health care you deserve.
1. Rationing will occur through a panel of 15 unelected bureaucrats called the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) set a budget for patients doctors cannot go over when you need it (working through tens of thousands of pages of Obamacare rules).
2. Rationing will occur by greatly strengthened private and government-run HMO’s that will also place your doctors on a budget.
3. Doctors that provide the best care you expect will be penalized financially and professionally.
4. Doctors will be forced to report your private medical data to the government and then forced into spending valuable patient care time on social behavior counseling such as smoking, alcohol cessation and weight loss.
5. Doctors will be intimidated into working for less, while spending more on complying with regulations, until they finally have to leave practice. They will be replaced by doctors that serve the government and insurance companies more than patients. Doctors you can’t trust.
6. Government bureaucrats will have the power to assign you to a new doctor with a history of spending less money on their patients.
7. Obamacare siphons $700 billion from Medicare through such rationing tactics – a program that is running out of money in the Medicare Trust Fund since Congress spent it on their pet projects. Medicare will not be changed for any patient over the age of 55 by Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan. You will still have the benefits you expect.
8. Medicare will be saved for future generations by Mitt Romney by transforming it into a model that our children and grandchildren can afford and that they own - not one that is owned by the government that would ration their care and take their money from the Trust Fund.
I know I am asking a lot to ask your patients to vote for a particular candidate by using your first amendment right of Free Speech.
You can do this by wearing a Romney button, putting up a campaign sign in your office, printing out the bullet points from this flier and putting them in your waiting room and asking them to vote for Romney.
If you do not take this action now you will not have a chance to do so again. Will you join me and help elect Mitt Romney? Then I will go back to work holding him accountable through organized medicine.
David McKalip, M.D., Neurological Surgeon
Individual Freedom – Stand for it now or lose it forever.
Replace David's name with your name if you like
President Obama has lied about Obamacare and bullied everyone in his path including the Supreme Court.
Don’t let him do it to patients and physicians. It is up to both physicians and patients to make Dr.David McKalip’s letter viral by copying and pasting it and sending it to your entire email list.
If you are a patient or potential patient please distribute this letter as well.Thank you.
Stanley Feld M.D.,FACP,MACE
Individual Freedom – Stand for
it now or lose it forever.
The opinions expressed in the blog “Repairing The Healthcare System” are mine and mine alone