Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

2 Year Old Child Over Dosed with Heparin Pronounced Dead At Nebraska Medical Center – Call for Dennis Quaid

Posted Apr 05 2010 10:58am

Heparin and safety still needs to be monitored for safety.  In case you missed what happened to Dennis Quaid and his wife, here’s a couple links to refresh.  image

Quaid's Twins Got 2,000X Dosage: Probe

The hospital is investigating to find out the entire story on how the error happened with the transplant surgery.  This is sad to get life saving organ transplants and have fate dealt out in this manner with an error.  BD 

Legal news for Nebraska medical malpractice attorneys. An overdose of a blood-thinning drug lead to the death of a little girl.

Nebraska medical malpractice attorneys alert- A toddler is dead after receiving a lethal dose of Heparin at Nebraska Medical Center.

Omaha, NE—A Dallas, Texas toddler was tragically killed by an overdose of a blood-thinning drug, Heparin, while at the Nebraska Medical Center. The little girl was recovering from multiple organ transplants and gastroschisis when she was given the lethal dose of medication, as reported KETV.

It was determined that the girl wad given too much Heparin. A Nebraska Medical Center spokesperson confirmed, “the hospital staff somehow gave the girl too much Heparin, and the hospital is doing a extensive investigation.” The hospital is reportedly trying to do everything they can to help the mother and father cope with this tragedy. It is unknown if police officials will be conducting a full investigation as well.

Post a comment
Write a comment: