Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Were You Brought Into the United States as a Child? Here's What You Need To Know

Posted Aug 02 2012 12:54pm

Certain children who were brought to the United States may be eligible to remain in the country and get a work authorization permit. They will need to meet certain requirements and complete a background check.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the agency in charge of setting up an application process. It should be up and running sometime in mid-August. Meanwhile, don’t apply or your application will be rejected.

USCIS recommends you follow these tips:


  • Visit to learn more about the announcement, eligibility criteria and to find the latest updates.
  • Contact USCIS for more information at 1-800-375-5283.
  • Visit to learn more about how you can avoid becoming a victim of an immigration service scam.


  • Pay anyone who claims they can request deferred action on your behalf or apply for employment authorization through this new process before USCIS announces an implementation date.
  • Send an application seeking work authorization related to this process.

Visit USCIS for more information about the program or call 1-800-375-5283. They can answer your questions in English or Spanish.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches