How to Choose a Medical Transcription Service Provider
Posted Feb 24 2012 3:31am
Medical transcription service providers have become virtually indispensable for healthcare entities struggling to balance patient care and back office work. Medical transcription outsourcing has many benefits; you will have ready transcripts of patient details, presented in a well-organized manner for easy perusal. With the time gained, medical professionals can concentrate on their core task of providing effective healthcare facilities to patients without worrying too much about transcription details.
If you are thinking of outsourcing your medical transcription requirements, then choose only a reliable medical transcription service provider. Finding the right medical transcription company for your practice is not an easy job, and you must be very careful in selecting one. When making a choice, you need to look for a medical transcription service provider that offers quality transcription services at competitive pricing. Moreover, the turnaround time should be customizable. Factors to Consider
If you are considering outsourcing your medical transcription, there are some important considerations that you need to take into account before making your choice.
* Years of experience: The first feature to look for in medical transcription companies is the experience the transcription company has in the industry.
*Credentials: Ascertain the credentials of the service providers and their capacity to work.
*Expertise Available: Always ensure that experts are at your service. Only trained, certified and professional medical transcriptionists can offer flawless services. The transcription companies should have a good team of experts comprising experienced transcriptionists, proofreaders, editors and quality analysts who have excellent knowledge in the medical field, especially in medical terminology that is used.
* Flexibility of dictation options: Ensure that the company provides flexible dictation options to the healthcare professionals for more convenience. Dictation options offered include free toll number and dictation machine.
* 24 hour customer service: Make sure that the company you look for provides round-the-clock customer service.
* Quick turnaround time: You want to ensure that you get efficient processing. Check the turnaround time the provider guarantees. Companies that are proficient should deliver all documents within 12-24 hours.
*Provide multi-level checks: All medical reports need to pass multi level checks by professionals, in order to prevent errors and to produce 99% accuracy.
* HIPAA compliance: HIPAA is a Federal law that lays down specific norms and regulations regarding the quality of transcription. Ensure that your transcription firm follow HIPAA norms and regulations, thus offering guaranteed security of patient‘s health related information and provide strict of data.
* FTP or File Transfer protocol: The companies should follow FTP for sending over the transcribed files through encrypted sites for more security.
Considering the above factors, try to choose a reputable company that has been reviewed by several medical practices. The internet is a great source to find the medical transcription service provider that can meet all your needs.