Shearin Group Ten Qualities of Outstanding Leaders
Posted Mar 28 2014 3:01am
Although personal positive traits and skills may vary, most experts agree that excellent leaders tend to view the world in a consistent way. A stable set of values is particularly essential, as is a passion for maintaining high ethical standards. The most prevalent characteristics seen among these exceptional leaders include:
1. Leadership by Example – working as a model for others.
2. Visionary – setting a sense of direction for others.
3. Strong Communicator – listening and contemplating, including verbal communication.
4. Clear Thinking – simplifying things to facilitate awareness and reduce confusion.
5. Professional – being respectable both publicly and privately.
6. Open-Minded – welcoming constructive dissent or negative views.
7. Calm – remaining cool under pressure, even when the going is rough.
8. Trustworthy – living a consistent, highly moral, and just life.
9. Nurturing – exhibiting respect for others, their views, and their ability to attain valuable gains.
10. Supportive – assisting others develop their strengths and showing sincere appreciation.