It’s been over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, here this past week. That of course has put me in a summer mood, despite the very real possibility of “June Gloom”. For those of you unfamiliar with Southern California, this is what we get instead of summer rains – a month of overcast skies and frantic calls up and down the coast, “Is it sunny by your house?”, “It’s overcast here.”
Never-the-less, I am motivated to stock my car for summer with those items I know I’ll need on our various excursions. Though the list has changed over the years, I feel certain I’m getting close to the perfectly packed car for any summer excursion.
1. Woven blanket from Mexico – 25 years old and still in great shape for use on the beach or at the park.
2. Sunscreen tucked in my car pocket door
3. Box of baby wipes
4. First aid kit with lots of band aids
5. Six pack of water…best in the morning before it can be used to make tea.
6. Two complete changes of clothes for my DS, including shoes, socks and underwear and several hats.
7. Shorts, tee shirt and sweat shirt for me
8. Sand Toys
9. Bags of Dried fruit and pretzels for on the road snacks
10. Two – Three pairs of sunglasses
11. Bathing suit and goggles for my DS – he won’t go in the water without his goggles
12. Two beach towels
13. Sun shade for my windshield
I’m sure there are a few things I have forgotten but, I DO have to leave some rooms for us!