Saving money is especially important in these difficult economic times. Below is a short video demonstrating six easy and simple tips to conserve water – and money - at home.
Every year Americans waste hundreds of gallons of water both at home and business. It is an unnecessary waste. Surprisingly, 97% of the water on earth is salt water, with only 3% being fresh water. Out of that 3%, 2% is unattainable – frozen as ice or in unreachable aquifer’s beneath the ground. That leaves 1% of reachable water on our planet for all of mankind to share.
Not only is it expensive to waste water; it is depleting our globes most precious resource. Make a difference and follow these six easy tips, three indoors and three outdoors, to conserve water on your property and do your small part to make a great difference:
1. Turn off your water while you are doing the dishes.
2. Turn off your water while you are brushing your teeth.
3. Utilize water saving toilets and appliances.
4. In the garden plant sustainably by positioning plants together that have similar water requirements.
5. Mulch your gardens so less water will be required for landscaping.
6. Utilize compost in your garden to enhance the soil’s ability to hold water.