My name is Malika Harrichran and my company, Everywhere, is working to spread the word about a program called Heart of Haiti, which helps Haitians by selling their goods (made from recycled materials) through Macy's. And I thought your readers might want to know about this. Really enjoy your Come Shop with Me section. So many good finds (love the organic truffles).
Quick Facts about Heart of Haiti
* The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country
* Each item is designed by a master Haitian artist and made by hand in Haiti
* Heart of Haiti products are available here
* The collection includes 40 different home decor items and accessories
* Products include vases, candle holders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more
* Most items fall in the $25-$60 range with some as low as $10
* To stay up-to-date with news and announcements, follow Heart of Haiti on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook .
Thanks and please don't hesitate to reach out to me with questions.
No problem Malika! My 10 year old loves the Heart of Haiti Pendant. I think it will make a great Christmas gift for her! Glad to help get the word out and big props to Macy's for helping the Heart of Haiti beat with trade, not just aid.
P.S.- I am really glad that you stopped by our Environmental Booty Blog and I hope you have learned or shared a thing or two. I hope that , now that you've found us, you won't lose us! You can join our green living online community , subscribe to our posts , download our community toolbar , Tweet with me on Twitter or Come Shop with Me to stay in touch! - Shane :)