I'm in the midst of selecting toys not only for my son, but for my teenage niece and nephew, various family friends and a few friends with new babies. It's rough out there. So I'm making a list of some of the sites that I have found helpful.
1) ToyInfo.org - This relatively new site has lots on advice on what to buy for various situations, as well as downloadable play guides and discussion boards.
2) ToyAwards.Org - The toy industry "Oscars" - this site lists the toys chosen as the top toys in a variety of categories. I don't always agree with their choices but..it is a great place to start.
3) Parenting Magazine Top Toys - Both a popular magazine and well respected "Toy reviewer", this list of top toys is broken down by age group and includes article on choosing a toy and recall information.
4) Toy Tips - Published by my friend Marianne Szymanski - this is the "Consumer Reports" of Toys sites. She's fiercly protetcive of her unbiased and independant status
5) Best Green Toys- OK I have to put a plug in for this Facebook Page we created as part of the Best Green Toys contest. It includes photos and descriptions of 50 great green toys and a list of the top 10 selected in our contest!
Did you enjoy this post…or at least found it interesting?