3. Creating scapegoats (unvaccinated health workers) for the sorry state of US healthcare and US life expectancy -- we are #38 .
4. Forcibly expanding pharma's flu vaccine market.
5. Creating a market for specific, well-connected companies just entering the flu vaccine field, such as Emergent Biosolutions, the anthrax manufacturer , which will now be making pandemic flu vaccines. This is the result of a recent $220 million contract with DHHS’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, and is in addition to its anthrax vaccine contracts.
Flu shots (and especially pandemic flu shots) are tested less than all other vaccines before use, due to the brief interval between deciding on their composition and administering them. One must therefore rely on the reputation of the manufacturer to gauge product quality. Emergent Biosolutions has a track record of shoddy manufacture. This is another reason to avoid future flu shots.
6. Paving the way for more vaccine mandates as the hundreds of vaccines in development enter the market. Mandatory flu vaccines may serve as a trial balloon to se how the US public responds to adult vaccine mandates.
7. Completing the replacement of medical science by medical marketing.