1) Limit your intake of acidic foods, i.e., grapefruit, tomatoes, vinegar, etc.
2) Cut back on the spices when you're eating at nighttime.
3) Try not to lie down for two to three hours after eating; sitting up enables food and stomach acid to drain into your stomach.
4) Avoid greasy foods and vie for lean meats.
5) Avoid carbonated drinks at night.
6) Try not to eat too quickly--this can increase the possibility of heartburn.
7) If you're overweight, consider cutting back a few pounds, as excess weight increases the possibility of stomach acid backing into your esophagus.
8) Chewing gum at night can reduce acid reflux.