Health knowledge made personal
General Medicine Community
Join this community!
› Share page:
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
Do Garlic supplements reduce the ...
What's your Dosha? North Sh ...
Herbs for Healthy Aging: ...
More Americans Today Willing t ...
Sodas Makes You Fat ...
» View All
Top 10 Lifestyle Changes Yo ...
Posted Nov 27 2009 11:53pm
Top 10 Lifestyle Changes Your Heart Will Appreciate
1. Skip the elevator and use the stairs instead. Just start with one flight. Soon, you'll be ready for two.
2. Start parking your car at the far end of the parking lot. The short walk everyday to and from the store or school helps your heart.
3. If you ride a bus or subway, get off a stop before your destination. Walk the rest of the way.
4. If you can, spend a few minutes of your lunch break taking a stroll outside work or school. It will also help boost your energy levels after lunch.
5. Housework that is done vigorously counts as exercise. Vacuming or mopping can be a real workout!
6. If you have a yard, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and raking leaves are also chores that count as exercise.
7. If you have a dog, take it for brisk walks twice a day, and benefit your heart and his!
8. If you have a family, schedule an after-dinner walk. It’s great to help digestion and to start clearing the mind to get ready for bed.
9. Include oats into your daily routine. Just a cup of cooked oatmeal will provide wonderful cholesterol-reducing benefits. (Be sure to check out this month’s special feature on oats!)
10. Try to laugh! Laughter helps release pent up stress and has been proven keep your heart healthy and happy.
Post a comment
Write a comment:
Dietary and Lifestyle Changes Can Alter Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Alzheimer's Preventable with Lifestyle Changes
IMPROVE PMS WITH NUTRITIONAL & LIFESTYLE CHANGES
Lifestyle Changes can Help Fibroids and Endometriosis
Lifestyle changes with UTI’s
South Beach Diet Now Emphasizing Lifestyle Change With New Name
Just another diet or lifestyle change?
Sharing About My Healthy Low-Carb Lifestyle Change At Liberty Curves
Lifestyle Changes Prevents Aging
About Health Mavens
lifestyle changes for renal dialysis
Indigestion Diet and lifestyle changes
what change in lifestyle prevent colon cancer
changing lifestyles and new eating habits
blood clots in the lungs
high red blood count
low blood oxygen
low white blood count causes
low blood platelet count
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2014 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.