Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Symptoms of Mycotoxicosis

Posted Aug 07 2009 12:07pm
Mycotoxicosis is our diagnosis. It is defined as "poisoning caused by ingestion of a mycotoxin."

We ingested three types (at least) of mycotoxins in our home. Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Trichothecenes.

The following is an excerpt of an article written by Susan Lillard-Roberts who heads up the mold-help website. Our family of 11 experienced most of the symptoms listed below before connecting our illnesses with the mold contamination in our home.

Fungi, which include yeasts, moulds, smuts and mushrooms, are responsible for causing four types of mycotic (fungal) disease:

1. Hypersensitivity - an allergic reaction to moulds and spores
2. Mycotoxicosis - poisoning by food products contaminated by fungi
3. Mycetismus - the ingestion of preformed toxin (toadstool poisoning)
4. Infection (systemic) - (Mycotoxicosis; the subject below)


These are the most common symptoms of fungal exposure (bear in mind, people never fit all of below criteria). Most people with some forms of Mycotoxicosis meet at least 8 (recent symptoms) of the following criteria:

Fibromyalgia/mps (and several correlated symptoms)
Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing,
sinusitis
Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting) mucous
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)
Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.
Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions
Bladder,
liver, spleen, or kidney pain
Dark or painful urine
Dirt-like taste in mouth, coated tongue
Food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity
Memory loss; brain fog, slurred speech, occasionally leading to dementia
Vision problems
Swollen lymph nodes
Large boils on neck (often a sign of
anaphylaxis)
Yellowing of nails, ridges, or white marks under nail
Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems
Headaches
Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations - confusion,
PTSD
Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities
Ringing in ears, balance problems (very common), dizziness, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)
Chronic fatigue(also included under this classification directional confusion)
Intermittent face flushing; almost always systemic, Called the Mylar Flush (neurological))
Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating
Multiple chemical sensitivity; only upon exposure to Stachybotrys and Chaetomium
Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)
Bruising/scarring easily;
rashorhives, bloody lesions all over the skin (Often systemic, seeimages; skin)
Reproductive system complications;
infertility, changes in menstrual cycles, miscarriage
Sudden weight changes (Detoxifier genotypes tend to gain weight, non-detoxifier genotypes tend to lose weight)
Cancer
Hair loss, very brittle nails, temporary loss of fingerprints (in rare cases)
Joint/muscle stiffness and pain
Irregular heart beat/heart attack
Seizures, inadvertent body jerking, twitching, inadvertent facial movements or numbness in face
Hypersensitivitywhen re-exposed to molds, which can lead to anaphylaxis
Anaphylaxisupon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds
Death, in extreme cases.


I recommend the mold-help website to anyone who has questions about mold exposure. Other helpful websites are listed on my blog.
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches