Swimming is a great sport for those who are recovering from an injury. Being in the water makes the body weight seem less than actual, thus making it easier.
If you want to try swimming while you are recovering from an injury, there are certain things you should be aware of.
1. Don't get jump into the pool and start your laps. Even if you are a good swimmer, give yourself some time to be initiated into swimming regularly.
2. Start the swimming practice with easy breathing exercises.
3. First master the basic strokes before going in for complex stuff.
4. In the beginning, concentrate on the strokes and the breathing exercises. These will safeguard you against any swimming accidents in the future.
5. Use the help of a trainer, at least in the beginning.