Flu virus spreads from person to person through coughing or sneezing of effected people. Touching some item with flu virus on it and touching one’s mouth or nose with same hand.
How can someone with the flue effect someone else?
Infected people may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 7 or more days after becoming sick. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick.
What can I do to protect from getting sick?
01. Regularly wash hands. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
02. Maintain good health by ensuring adequate sleep, managing stress, drinking plenty of drinks, eating nutritious food.
03. Try not to touch surfaces that may be contaminated with flu virus. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
04. Avoid close contacts with those who are sick.
05. Avoid crowded places as far as possible.
06. Improve airflow in your living space by opening windows.
07. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or mask (surgical / N-95 recommended) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue / mask in the covered waste-basket after you use it.