Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

My eyelid is swollen and it hurts when I touch it, there's a white bump (bigger than most stye bumps) what could it be?

Posted by Blahmyeye

Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Bumps on the eyelid are typically either chalazion or hordeolum (stye).  The former are painless while the latter are painful and can be either internal or external.  It's imperative that you go see your eye doctor ASAP.  In the meantime, you can apply warm compresses to the affected eyelid.  Good luck!
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: