Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

I fell over a week ago. Below knee swollen and bruised. swelling now in ankles and foot, also bruising

Posted by RRT514

Should I see a doctor?
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

Have you tried RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation)? That usually helps bruises go down, and you can also take Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen. Depending on where the bruise is, and how painful it is, it might go away on its own or it could require serious medical attention. Use your best judgement, but if you go to your doctor they'll be able to steer you in the right direction much faster. Hope this helps, good luck! 

NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: