Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

I am still recovering, but almost totally recovered...

Posted Feb 12 2009 12:00am
The other day (I guess about a week ago) my wife asked me what percent I think I'm at. I said that I would guess that I am about 90% of what I was on December 8th. This is highly irregular. Dr Kabhani said that I should get about 80% back in the first month, and then the other 20% in the rest of the year. Unfortunately, most people don't get back to anywhere near 100%. I would not venture a guess about what percent they do get back, but Dr. Kabhani said that he usually has to give families bad news. But aside from my writing, typing and stumbling (every now and then) I am back to normal. I just told someone the other day that I have to reach up and touch the spot of surgery to remind myself and I had anything happen. I know that people get sick to death of me saying this, but I really feel good.

As a side note, I forgot to mention some people in my last post. My children were great in my hospitalization. The bit I remember was really good. My wife says that they were very good even when I was unconscious, but the little bit I remember, they were very good. They were very well behaved, and very rarely treated me as anything but their daddy that happened to be in the hospital. I looked forward to seeing them as frequently as they could be at the hospital. They really brightened my day every time they would sit in my arms, or just talk to each other in my room

I also forgot to mention my associate pastor. He was in the hospital nearly (if not) every day. He was there with my wife when I had surgery, he was there after my surgery and he as there for each update from the Drs. His wife and children game him up almost constantly for nearly a month, plus (as if this is a small thing) he filled in for me in the pulpit while I was gone. I cannot say enough what a blessing his whole family was during my recovery. He would come just to talk to me after I was alert, he came when I could not talk to him, he took my wife out of the room when I pulled my respiratory out, generally he was fantastic.

I just want everyone that came to visit me to know that they were a blessing every time they came. I looked forward to their visits, and now I can look back and know what people in the care centers need.
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches