What’s the key to a strong -- but not “over the top” -- immune?
• A good diet
• Plenty of sleep
• Stress management
• Raising your glutathione, GSH levels
Back to Nature Discovery of FOOD for the Immune
In a “back to nature” discovery, scientists found that the healthy growth and activity of immune cells depends on the availability of GSH, or glutathione.
Immunologists at McGill University found that
• Experimental depletion of glutathione severely diminishes the ability of these cells to fight pathogens, and leaves the door wide open to disease.
• Glutathione “modulates” the immune – STRENGTHENING weak immune cells, but bringing OVERACTIVE immune cells back into line.
• In numerous studies the level of intra cellular glutathione in the immune cells (lymphocytes) corresponds DIRECTLY to the effectiveness of the immune response.
• In short, immunologists have identified glutathione to be a “food” for the immune system against cancer, heart disease and auto immune diseases