Sambong (scientific name: Blumea balsamifera) is a amazing medicinal plant. It is a antiurolithiasis and work as a diuretic. it is used to aid the treatment of kidney disorders. The Sambong leaves can also be used to treat colds and mild hypertension. Since it is a diuretic, it helps dispose of excess water and sodium (salt) in the body. Sambong is one herbal medicine (of ten) approved by the Philippine Department of Health (DOH) in treating particular disorders.
• Good as a diuretic agent
• Effective in the dissolving kidney stones
• Aids in treating hypertension & rheumatism
• Treatment of colds & fever
• Anti-diarrheic & Anti-gastralgic properties
• Helps remove worms, boils
• Treats dysentery, sore throat
• Boil the leaves as like tea and drink 3 or more times a day.
• The leaves can also be crushed or pounded and mixed with coconut oil.