Today people need to be mobile and social to cope up with the needs of society. It is very important to deliver one’s message concisely and as briefly as possible to save time and motion. Concepts of how to manage time better are some of the best-selling concepts of the upbeat society. But among us some people suffer from a speech impediment that hinders them from being competitive in the world. Stuttering is one of the most common problems that people face nowadays, young children to working adults stuttering affects people adversely both in school and at work.
People who are suffering from stutters need not despair, there is a way to overcome stuttering and the ways to overcome it are from people who suffered stuttering as well. Majority of people who is suffering from stuttering agrees that it will help a lot if the stutter would:
- Sing away. If you are having speech problems such as stuttering they should try to speak the words and sentences is a singing way. Making speaking a fun activity could make stuttering easy to overcome. People with a stutter often times find it hard to remember concepts and ideas because they are too shy to say what they want to say and they find their stutter something to be ashamed of. Needless to say, people with a stutter find t easy to relate to words when they are said in a “singing way.”
- Visualize what you’re about to say. People who are having stutter will avoid unnecessary commotion if they try to visualize the letters of the word they are going to say. One of the main reasons why people find it hard to say what they want to say is because they don’t have a picture of what they want to say in their heads.
It is especially true for people that stutter because on of the root causes of stuttering are from not knowing exactly what to say and how to say it. Having a mental picture of what we want to say makes it easier to find the right words to use to describe the word.
- Speak on ‘breathing out’! Before saying a very difficult word take a deep breath. It is always a good idea to take a deep breath before we that one difficult word that we have in mind. One of the reasons why even people who speak normally have a hard time with words is that they rush in to say what they want to say. There is nothing bad about speaking in moderation because it would make whatever you will say more understandable.
- Say it in your mind. Let your mind hear yourself successfully saying the word you want to say, do this every time you have something to say that you think you will have a hard time with. This is a type of aural visualization. People who successfully visualized what they want to say wil be able to say it 90 % of the time.
Saying it in your mind is a kind of mental exercise where you let your self be more familiar with how it sounds the texture and the aural patterns and the up and downs of the words.
- Don’t put undue pressure on yourself. We all know that one of the factors that contribute to the development of stuttering is pressure and anxiety. Putting yourself in a stressful situation would cause more problems for the person who is suffering from stuttering. Remember to keep a stress-free environment when coping up with stuttering. Always keep these stuttering tips handy.