When experiencing incontinence your pelvic muscles become weaker, but as with all muscles they can be strengthened again. Pelvic floor exercises are a great way of achieving this.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Carry out pelvic floor exercises for 5 minutes 3 times a day. This will help to strengthen your bladder, therefore giving you more control.
- Be careful not to exercise other muscles at the same time, as this can put more pressure on the bladder.
- The exercises: Lie on the floor, pull in the pelvic floor muscles and hold for a count of three, repeat this 10-15 times.
- Do you pelvic floor exercises three times a day.
- Most people begin to notice a difference after 3-6 weeks, so be patient, the results will be worth it.
For information on Allanda’s products and services please click here.