Given how much seems to have fit into the year 2011, I’m hoping that 2012 is comparatively insignificant, OR if significant, significant for reasons other than cheating/beating/living with cancer. If Alopecia is my biggest emotional challenge for the year 2012, then I’ll consider it a fabulous year. I’m planning ahead for just such a year with my 2012 resolutions. To all my family, friends, and customers, I wish you the very best in 2012.
1) I will stop staring at my bald spots in the mirror;
2) I will choose not to pay attention to people who stare;
3) I will offer an informed response when people ask about my hair loss and use it as an opportunity to educate them;
4) I will reach out to others with hair loss and share my experiences;
5) I will stop looking for new bald spots and testing each and every new hair;
6) I will stop searching the internet for hair loss cures and solutions;
7) I will make sure that my bald friends know just how beautiful they are to me;
8 I will share the beaubeau experience with as many bald and beautiful women as possible;
9) I will organize my collection of beaubeau scarves and treat them with respect;
10) I will do my best to continue to create new and beautiful items to help women and girls maintain their style during hair loss.