Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Slug Pellets - Metaldehyde - Contaminate Water

Posted Sep 09 2008 2:00am
slug-on-cabbage Slug pellets are pesticides, some contain metaldehyde & should be kept out of water, so it is not contaminated.
  • do not apply slug pellets if heavy rain is forecast
  • clear up slug pellet spills immediately, however small
  • do not contaminate drains or water courses when cleaning buckets etc. used for slug pellets
  • do not leave slug pellet packets in garden unattended
  • dispose of packaging and contaminated gloves according to instructions on packet
  • always read the label on the slug pellet package

One slug pellet in 10,000 litres water could be enough to exceed the drinking water standard.

The Pesticide Safety Directorate has advice for gardeners.

Use slug pellets containing metaldehyde safely so as not to contaminate water.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches