Welcome to another Motivation Monday. Everyone’s biggest excuse is that they don’t have enough time to workout. But you CAN find the time. Frankly, you MUST find the time. Your health is too important to ignore.
If you work full time. It can be challenging to get in workouts during the week. I have a friend who is up at 5am for her workouts, that’s not me, but for some, that’s the ticket to success. You need to find what will work for you.
Can’t workout at all during the week? Try to be a “weekend warrior” with at least 60 minutes of exercise on Saturdays and Sundays. I love family hikes and bike rides for this.
There are a variety of ways you can fit movement into each day. Even just 20 minutes can make a big difference. Here are some ways to add a little extra movement into your life.
- Pace when on the phone
- Take walking breaks at work. Always choose the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk the hallways whenever you have a short break or make short breaks to do so.
- Park your car as far away as possible to add walking into your day at work, the grocery store, wherever you have this option.
- Walk with a friend at lunch
- If you sit a lot, spend at least part of the day on an exercise ball instead of your regular chair
- Have a dance party in your kitchen – put on some great music while you make dinner and dance around between the stove, fridge, sinks, etc.
- Vacuum – even if you don’t “need” to. A 150 pound person can burn approximately 238 calories per hour vacuuming the house. Of course you are not likely to vacuum for an hour, but you get the picture.
What other ways do you try to move when you can’t find the time tor formally exercise? What helps motivate you to get moving? Let us know in a comment.