If you read yesterday’s post, you know that I sampled a free CrossFit workout yesterday. Argggggg!! So so so so sore. The 100 Squats done as fast as possible, is what is absolutely killing me today. Feels as if I just ran a marathon or worse! Sorry, kids, you can’t sit on my lap today cause, it might make me cry!! **sniff sniff**.
There are lots of ways to combat muscle soreness– Recoverrite, Ice Baths, Massage, Foam Roller (maybe), Hydrating, Yoga, Epsom Salt Baths, and Sleep…Admittedly, the only one I’ve done is to keep moving. Walking is one of the best ways to recover from a hard effort.
And, then, there’s Rachel’s other way. Call a friend for a one hour spin on the bike. 1st time the road bike has been on the road since racing last summer! Thinking that spinning the legs around would be an excellent way to move the lactic acid around the legs and help alleviate the muscle soreness?!?! Except, one minor problem…I fell down. This is the first time in many years that I remember falling off my bike. It got stuck in a rut, and the bike just flipped me off to the left. Ouch! Landed on my head, then shoulder. Yikes. Thank God for the helmet cause I would have been severely injured without it.
Here’s the protocol for when you crash (laughing out loud)…
1. Grab bike and body and get out of the road.
2. Assess damages – bike and body. Sometimes, it’s bike first!
3. Get moving fast. Don’t stand around and discuss it.
4. You can whine later with loved ones- not your riding buddy!
5. Write about it and wonder, why the heck did I fall off my bike?
6. Be grateful nothings broken and all I have is a little road rash…and a bruised ego!
“The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us”. Voltaire.
Anyways, onward and upward! Keep your eyes peeled for all the good stuff this week and be thankful. Life is good.