Try this healthy recipe version of classic shrimp scampi.
Total Time: 25 min. Prep Time: 10 min. Yield: 2 servings
3 oz. dry whole wheat pasta
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. white wine
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Crushed red pepper (to taste; optional)
3 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm. Remove shrimp from pan. Set aside.
5. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
6. Add lemon juice, broth, wine, black pepper, and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add shrimp, parsley, and basil; cook until heated through.
8. Divide pasta between 2 plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 2g
This healthy recipe is from the Team Beachbody Library. Join the Team Beachbody Club for even more great recipes and other tools to stay fit and heathy.