Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

20 Miles on a weekday – a day in the life

Posted Mar 05 2013 10:12am

I did it!  The last long run of this training cycle for the LA Marathon 2013 .

Image 3


Full disclosure, it took 2 separate runs to reach 20 Miles because as it turns out after the JK, I have the stomach flu episode of Saturday I was still a little dehydrated.  I knew from the moment I woke up that this was going to be a tough day.  I also felt very determined that I would run 20 miles … even if it took me all day.  And all day it did.

Here is a breakdown of my Monday:

  • 4:30 am – wake up to take my Synthroid and vitamins (I need to space this 1 hour away from breakfast)
  • 6:00 am – G1 wakes up and crawls into bed with me.  The next 30 minutes are spent dodging a squirmy toddler
  • 6:30 am – I finally pull myself up and make breakfast
Image 4
  • 7:00 – 8:00 am – Get the G’s up, dressed, fed.  Myself dressed and prepped for the run
  • 8:15 am – take the G’s to school
  • 8:40 am – I’m finally on the road to start my run, I run 2.5 Miles to meet Meggie .  Nausea ensues almost immediately.
  • 9:00 am – I find Meggie and warn her that I am not doing that great, but if she doesn’t mind I’ll tag along with her as long as I can.  We end up running another 9.5 Miles together, making a total of 12 Miles before I have to call it quits.
  • 11:00 am – hop in a cab desperately needing to get home.  Have him pull over on the way home so I can be sick … stop at the Bodega and stock up on Coconut water
  • 11:30 am – after defrosting in a hot shower and downing lots of liquids and pretzels I am feeling much better.
  • 12:00 pm – Pick up the G’s from school
  • 12:30 pm – While the G’s are napping I make myself lunch and take a nap too.
  • 2:00 pm – wake up G2 to take him to his dr appointment. Lug a sleeping toddler to the doctor.
  • 3:30 pm – run home with G2, grab the kid’s scooters and helmets and juggle both scooters and G2 to the park.
  • 4:00 pm – Meet G1, my nanny and my mom.  Leave the G’s with them and dash home to complete my run.
  • 4:30 pm – Order pizza and soup for delivery at 5:40 pm (b/c there was no time to cook today) and head out the door for my second run, hoping that I can squeeze in 8 miles before the food arrives.
  • 4:30-5:40 pm – 8 Miles in Central Park
  • 5:40 pm – meet the food delivery at the door, walk inside to find hungry toddlers and a frazzled nanny.  Set up them up for dinner, shower while they are eating, bathe them when I’m finished, let them watch a cartoon while I inhale some soup
  • 7:00 pmVC comes home and RB comes over to watch the bachelor.
  • 7:30 pm – G’s are finally in bed and I sit down to ice, foam roll and stretch.
  • 8:00 pm – Thank my lucky stars that the amazing  VC and RB  are here to help get dinner together, and stretch some more while they hand me some dinner (Thank you guys!!)
  • 8:00-10:00 pm –  zone out to the bachelor getting in some great laughs and brainless fun
  • 10:30 pm – say good bye to RB and crawl to bed
AND NOW – Bring on the taper.  The LA Marathon is in 12 days.  Its time to harness in my running energy and save it up for March 17th.
I have never been so excited for a taper in my history as a runner.


Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches