I don’t care what anyone says: I loved me some Michael Jackson! I can’t believe he’s gone. I really hope that he’s not labeled a drug addict at death.
I remember one of my favorite singers Gerald Levert’s death. His was not a drug overdose, but from a drug interaction. I can’t begin to tell you the times that I felt funny or had to call the pharmacy after noticing that my pills were “different”. In one case, it was the wrong dosage. The physician wrote the prescription for DOUBLE the dose! After taking it as prescribed on the bottle, I noticed my heart was racing. So I called the pharmacy and we went over the medication. They had filled it exactly how it was written. They suggested that I call the doctor. When I did, that’s when it was discovered that the dosage was doubled. Needless, to say that was my last visit. The second occasion was when the pharmacy claimed that the prescription that I had a reaction to was correct, but in a smaller dosage than usual. To this day, I believe that it was the wrong medicine altogether. Too bad I didn’t think to keep a pill or two.
Whatever the case with Michael Jackson, either verdict will still make it difficult on those of us with fibromyalgia and other chronic pain. It’s rumored that he was taking a “cocktail” of 7 different medications. I guess when a person with fibromyalgia dies, people will say the same about us.