During one of my mornings blog-hopping and checking out the latest ramblings of others, I came across a blog post titled “The Kindness Chronicles.” I had to check it out.
Apparently this is a blog movement started by Jane LaFazio and two of her friends. The purpose is to do a blog post the first Sunday of the month telling of your acts of kindness and the acts of kindness bestowed upon you.
How can I not join a movement when it’s about kindness?
So here is the beginning of my monthly Sunday posts chronicling acts of kindness.
1. I sent a note of encouragement to a colleague at work who is going through round two of cancer treatments.
3. I also bought school supplies for 8 other kids who missed out at my work’s Health Kids Back-to-School event.
4. I treated my parents to an Iron Pigs baseball game.5. I listened to a friend (and kept my advice to myself) who is struggling with anxiety, aging, future empty nest, and more.6. I awarded 10 bloggers the Sunshine Award for writing inspiring blogs.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile,
a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
And kindnesses to me…
1. A gentleman complimented my colorful hair (bright red, white blonde, and brown) and style (leopard print heels, hot pink shirt, brown pants) at work. Does wonders for a woman’s self-esteem!
2. My partner offered to bring a blanket to use as a cushion to the Iron Pigs game knowing how much I struggle with chronic pain.
Do you want to participate in The Kindness Chronicles with Lyric Kinard , Tracie Lynn Huskamp, Jane LaFazio and me? Grab the logo here OR email me here and I’ll send you the jpeg and you can put it on your blog. Do a blog post the first Sunday of the month. If you do a blog post, leave a link in the comments or if you did or received a kindness, tell me about it in the comments.
Really, there are no rules~ we just want to spread kindness…