Everyone should have aspirations in life, things they want to achieve. Here are things that I’d love to do with my life if money, safety and time were no object:
1) I want to read every book in the store where I work. The fact that new titles come out every week does make this more complex, as does my lack of interest in certain categories, like automobile repair, sports and westerns.
2) I would love to spend a week in every country in the world. 5 down, about 200 to go.
3) In each country I would try a meat, vegetable, dessert, drink or special dish that I have never tried before. I don’t expect to like everything, but I might find new favorites this way.
4) I want to collect an example of the currency from each country, even if it is only a penny. I've got a healthy start on this collection already, including some from countries that no longer exist (like my nickel from the Belgian Congo).
5) Finally, I want to see a specimen of every species of multi-cellular animal alive on earth, preferably but not necessarily in its own habitat, every creature from a blue whale to the Tasmanian devil, from a pygmy Gobi to a whale shark, from a California condor to a Cuban Bee Hummingbird, from a king crab to an axolotl.
I know that I will never achieve even one of these goals completely. This doesn’t stop me from aspiring to complete each one of them.