Christmas and new year was so good and so busy that I didn't have time to even think about writing here. Instead of reflecting on 2011, I thought I'd post this instead. Some questions have been thrown in to make it all more relevant to me.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? Moved to my own house and borrowed my first ever bank loan.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? My granny. I miss her every day.
5. What countries did you visit? England.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? More new music. Everything else can keep going the way it is.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory and why? 26th October, the day i moved house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving house, though there were other important ones too.
9. What was your biggest failure? Losing my external hard-drive with lots of music and things that I really wanted to keep. Epic fail!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, thankfully.
11. What was the most spontaneous thing you bought? A Paul Simon ticket. Something I'll never buy again but totally worth it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Everybody in the Irish government.
14. Where did most of your money go? On house things.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Showing people my house when it was finished.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Probably 'pumped up kicks' by Foster the People. Not my favourite song of the year but it will remind me of it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer? Happier, thinner, poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Went to more gigs, but i always wish that!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worried about stuff that wasn't that important really.
20. How did you spend Christmas? In my sisters. Was woken at 5 by my nephews, had pancake breakfast with family and aunts, opened lots of presents and had a lovely dinner.
21. How did you spend new year's eve? With family and boyfriend (now there's a word you don't see written around here much!) at a party in my aunt's house. Had an amazing night, and an amazing weeke in general.
22. What made you very proud? Watching my mum coming home to a surprise party that she had absolutely no idea about.
23. What was your favourite gig? The Mic Christopher tribute gig in Vicar Street.
24. Musical disappointment? REM splitting up.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Decemberists, even though they aren't a new band, I'm a bit slow!
26. What did you want and get? My house.
27. What did you want and not get? Funding for my job and for a radio project.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? None stand out.
29. Greatest guide dog related moment? OJ's quick recovery from an operation in September.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Walked to my new house for the first time with OJ the guide dog. Had dinner with my sister and cousin. I was 25.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Nothing really. Lots of unexpected but great things happened.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Cheap but stylish clothes from Penneys!
33. What kept you sane? Music, family, brilliant friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None really.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The London riots. Sickening.
36. Who did you miss? My brother in Afghanistan, and my granny.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Didn't really meet any new people, but in a way it feels like i did.
38. What one event in 2012 are you looking forward to? Being in thailand with my whole family.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011? Talk about stuff instead of worrying about it. You might be surprised what a difference it can make.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your yearAs Jamie Lawson would say, "I wasn't expecting that"
Happy new year from me and OJ. I hope 2012 is a great one!