Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

what kind of exercises can i do at home without weights along with a healthy diet to lose weight and tone up my body?

Posted by bigkenny

on may 15 2008 i was involved in a head on collision and my right hip was broken along with permanent sciatic nerve damage. i was overweight before this happened but not this bad. the government turned my disability claim down and i have no income. i am 6'1" tall and weigh between 300 and 310lbs. i have no medical insurance and cant afford weight training or a personal trainer. my family has a history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and prostate cancer. i am 27 and i dont want to die young so i am trying to change my lifestyle and be healthy for myself and my family so i would appreciate any help that anyone can give me thanx again bigkenny!
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Kenny (note I did not address you as 'big'!), sorry to hear about your accident.  Although a personal trainer would be great - wouldn't we all love one - you can do it on your own.  I'm here to lose the 100 lbs. I've been carrying around for 15 years and I have no medical excuses - I just love to eat and don't like to exercise!  You can sit in a chair and work out!  Get some 1 lb. weights (or use cans of food, or bottled water) and just move your arms.  If it's difficult, just start with doing it for an entire commercial.  If you can stand easily, stand and step side-to-side, again, just during a commercial.  Remember any movement burns calories.  Cut out the white foods - sugar, flour, rice, potatoes, dairy.  Do no eat anything that comes out of a box.  I'm a veggie and want to go raw (food that is) or vegan or half & half.  I keep falling off the wagon, but I keep getting back on. Find what works for you.  Cut out one bad food a week - for me, this week its NO SUGAR.  Hang in there - eat less, move more.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: