Time to Get Outside! 7+ Ideas for Warm Weather Workouts
Posted Mar 25 2010 6:29am
Spring is here--time to take the workout outside!
This weather is amazing & after all the wind, snow, showers and below-freezing temps, my blog today is dedicated to YOU GETTING OUTSIDE!
Karina and I are looking forward to starting up our running group again! ;-). It's Time! But until we can meet, and for those of you who don't live in New York City, here are some ideas for warm weather workouts 1. Take a walk - grab your shades at lunch & go walk. Walk around the streets of NJ, NY, where ever you are.
2. Sit in the park or on a bench or the steps of your work building & take in some SUN. Yes get some natural vitamin D.
3. Go for a walk after dinner, take the dogs, your kids, a loved one or go solo. But take in some night time air & just enjoy a 15 minute walk.
4. Pull out your bike, check the tires & brakes then go for a ride. Explore your neighborhood or if there is a neighboring city/town bike over to it. Maybe bike to dinner at a restaurant & then back home. There are lots of bike lanes in NYC & you can check out a bike map at www.transportationalternatives.com.
5. Try Roller Blading! It's super fun, & great for the legs. :-).
6. Go for a morning or evening run! Running is a great endorphin, you can burn about 340 calories in 30 minutes at a 10 minute mile pace
There are also other fun outdoor activities you can get into Soccer Tennis Basketball Handball Golf And the list goes on!
You get the point. Now get outside & have some fun!
PS: FREE FITNESS ALERT! Karina's friend Joanna told us about this awesome fitness event happening this Saturday. Check it out if you can!:
FREE SUNNY SATURDAY, March 27th, 1.5 Hour Bootcamp Season Kick-Off Class. Come take a free bootcamp class on Saturday from 9:30am-11am. Meet at Columbus Circle 59th Street at the large statue at the entrance to Central Park. Bring a towel for groundwork and bottled water. Bring as many friends, family (adults only) and colleagues as you like (especially the ones who have always wanted to try it but never got around to it). Each person attending must RSVP to Bootcamp Republic at email@example.com with "SATURDAY RSVP" in the subject line. This is a great way to break-in spring. Please tell friends, family and colleagues to sign-up with you for the fun! We are so excited to see everyone outdoors again! Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.