There are only a handful of things in this world that really irritate me.
1. One is the fact that Paris Hilton is considered a celebrity. She can’t act: three words, “House of Wax.” She can’t sing: a rhinoceros passing a kidney stone would sound better than her. And she has no athletic ability other than making every guys’ pee pee she comes in contact with itch.* (I have my sources)
*Okay, I lied. I don’t have any sources other than common sense.
2. The other is the fact that with the New Year right around the corner, every book store in the country will now be inundated with fitness/diet books such as “5 Minute and 37 Second Abs,” or “The Oreo Cookie Diet.” It never ceases to amaze me the obnoxious books that get published. Walk down the health/fitness isle of your local bookstore and you will undoubtedly find books that are geared towards quick fixes and false promises (lose 24 lbs in seven days).
Women are often told that in order to get the look they’re after, they need to spend an inordinate amount of time on the treadmill, take every yoga class possible, and to shy away from lifting any appreciable weights. Rubbish. In NROL for Women, every myth concerning women and weight training is dispelled.
1. Learn why the terms “toning, shaping, and sculpting” need to be banned from your vocabulary.
2. The treadmill is probably the last thing you need to be doing. While it is a tool, it’s not a necessity for fat loss.
3. No, you won’t become “big and bulky” just because you’re lifting weights.
4. Prolonged calorie restriction is the wrong approach…..how come?
5. In all actuality you may need to eat MORE to attain your goals.
And all of these are just the tip of the iceberg.
New Rules of Lifting for Women is geared towards women and helping them realize that what they have been told by all the mainstream magazines is wrong. With Lou Schuler’s practical writing style, programs written by Alwyn Cosgrove, and a nutrition plan by Cassandra Forsythe, this book hits all fronts and will serve as a valuable resource to enhance LIFELONG success.