Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

thedailyfeed: After a 14-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest...

Posted Oct 24 2012 2:02pm


thedailyfeed :

After a 14-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest after drinking two cans of Monster Energy drink, the FDA said yesterday that it is investigating the deaths of four other people who have died after drinking Monster Energy since 2009.

Monster Energy, the largest maker of so-called energy drinks in the United States, insists that its product is safe — but doctors say there are growing concerns about the effect of highly caffeinated beverages on children, and the teen’s death has emboldened calls for stricter regulation of the drinks.

“No kid should be drinking this stuff, period,” Dr. Marc Gillinov, a cardiac surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic, told The Daily. “We have next to no data on this. We don’t know what the risk is.”

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches