Okay, its summer....the kids are out of school, it's hot outside (100 degrees every day where I live), there's vacations to go on (gas is $4 a gallon!), practices to attend, ball games to attend, reunions to go to....the list goes on forever! Well, while you are busy doing your thing this summer, don't forget your summer workout schedule! You can still exercise and do everything you need to do this summer! You just have to be a little creative.
So, here's some summer exercise tips for you:
1. Never skip both your Friday and Monday workouts! If you do this, you will probably go 4 full days (Fri, Sat, Sun, Monday) without working out. Four missed workout days could turn into weeks, months, summers and years!
2. Exercise during your kid's practices. Why sit around for 1-2 hours watching kids practice? Take advantage of the time and walk or jog.
3. Get a stability ball and dumbbells to exercise while watching "Desperate Housewives" re-runs (or whatever you watch).
4. Walk or bike to the store a few blocks away instead of driving.
5. Exercise at your hotel while on vacation.
6. Take advantage of the summer family discounts at the local health club and go exercise with your kids.
7. Don't forget to "reasonably" (at least 90% compliance) stay on your nutrition plan during the summer!
8. Remember that sweating has nothing to do with losing fat or weight! Sweating just cools down your body. A caloric deficit (burning more calories than you consume) will cause you to lose weight.
9. Plan your menus and pack your food while on vacation or on the go. This will help you avoid the fast food trap.
10. Have fun! Change up your exercise routine and include fun exercises like jump rope games, dancing, relay games, obstacle courses and speed hop-scotch.
Take care this summer, have fun and keep exercising!