There's nothing like a great hunk of coconut to signify Summer is on it's way! Here's my take on a delicious treat the Bounty Bar.
1 cup coconut (finely chopped, put through a food processor if need be)
1/3 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup coconut oil
6-8 stevia liquid drops (slim me stevia)
Small block of 100% cocoa chocolate (I was lucky enough to have one brought to me back from a client's european holiday) find in speciality delis/health food shops/or use cooking chocolate
Stevia drops (to taste, try 6-8 again)
Few knobs of coconut oil
1. Heat oil in a small sauce pan on low heat till melted, leave to cool for a few minutes, add coconut cream, coconut shreds and stir. Finally add the stevia drops and stir again to combine.
2. Place in a suitable mould or container (lined to avoid sticking). Something as pikey as a small take away container will do the job or use ice cube trays for individual portions.
3. Place the coconut mixture in the fridge to harden for at least 3-4 hours. Remove after 3-4 hours and cut into bite size pieces reading for a melted chocolate bath.
4. Place a bowl on top of a sauce pan (again low heat) filled with an inch or two of water. Bain-marie styles! Break the chocolate and throw in a few knobs of coconut oil (roughly 2 teaspoons). Allow to melt and add stevia at the very end.
5. Dip coconut squares into the melted chocolate. I suck at doing things that are fiddlely such as this, so why not palm it off to the kiddies? Even try stabbing the squares with a toothpick and then dip in.
6. Once dipped, place on grease proof paper and whack in the fridge to set for 15-20 mins
These bad boys come pretty close to the real deal and are pretty easy to make, so why not give them a go and crush those sugar cravings?
The next 50daysnosugar Challenge starts on 1st September, grab your plan complete with recipes and let's do this. Adam (a previous challenger) lost almost 8 kilos in 50 days following the 50daysnosugar Plan and hasn't looked back.
My Free eBook is yours, it's ready and waiting. Fat loss secrets will be spilled!
Be awesome, to get some natalie carter talks fitness on a regular basis subscribe now!