While a little stress can sometimes be a good motivator to get you moving or complete a project (just think of all those papers you wrote in college at the last minute—or was that just me?), too much stress is bad, bad, bad. Not only can it wreak havoc on your mental state (anxiety, ahhh!!!), it can also disrupt your sleep, increase carb cravings, store more fat in your belly and generally make you pretty miserable. And if you haven’t noticed, we’re about making you feel GOOD up in here. So read on for our top tips and lessons learned about sucky stress!
7. Eat the right foods. A clean and healthy diet can help your body deal with stress. As can these little extras !
8. Just say no. If you’re spread too thin, it’s time to start doing what you love and saying no to the rest —despite any and all obligations. It’s hard at first but gets easier once you feel the results of your nay-saying.
9. Try yoga or Pilates. If you want to calm those racing thoughts, there’s nothing better than a calming yoga or Pilates workout that gets you more in touch with that mind-body connection. You don’t even have to leave your home for it !
10. Do it. No really, do the horizontal mambo, tango, two-step. Whatever you call it, sex reduces stress !
11. Laugh it out. Whether it’s a funny movie, chatting with a hilarious friend about your ridiculous day or watching one of our or , a good giggle-fest always makes everything better.