Do you ever find that you get occupied with something and end up forgetting that you have to eat? This use to happen to me way too much in college - I’d study and be so focused in what I was doing I’d go without eating for hours!
It might be unintentional, but it really is a habit you must break in order to keep your body from getting super hungry!
There are so many healthy snacks out there and it’s kind of up to you to choose which ones you like the best.
With that’s said here are my top 10 snacks of all time! (well…for now at least)
1. Carbonated water with grapefruit, orange, pineapple, apple or cranberry juice. (They’re all refreshing, so I couldn’t decide haha!)
2. Hot or cold water with a fresh slice of lemon, lime or orange. (Really comforting on cold days)
3. Celery, carrot and radish sticks (I like the spicy-ness of radishes)
4. I like to call this one my “Crispy Garden in a Ziploc Bag. First chop up some red, yellow, and green peppers and toss them into the Ziploc bag. Next, chop up a cucumber and throw that in the bag along with a few cherry tomatoes. It’s snack you’ll totally get a “crunch” out of !
5. Washed and trimmed string beans, runner beans and asparagus.
6. Fruit salad - Here’s my favorite. Slices of oranges, pears, apples, peaches and chunks of pineapple.
7. Air popped pop-corn made with seasonings and no salt or butter. If you want flavor try spices like cumin, cinnamon, or dill.
8. Frozen chocolate square. When I get a sweet tooth I reach for the freezer. I usually have a few chocolates in there that I freeze. Instead of chewing it I let it melt in my mouth. This way I can enjoy a small piece for a longer period of time.
9. Rice cakes with peanut butter.
10. Trail mix consisting of - Almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries peanuts and chocolate m&m’s.
So what do you think of my top 10 snacks? Think you might try some? If you do let me know how you like them and please if you have any snacks that you enjoy, post ‘em below and share it with everyone else. Who knows your snack might end up being on my next top 10 list!
1)rice cake or corn thin with a thin layer of goat feta.
2)10 cashews, preferably unsalted and not roasted.
3)carrot, red pepper/tomato and cucumber, chopped. Add some olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and some crushed spicy red pepper if you feel the need for something spicy.
4)dried figs, saltanas, raisins, or dried mango. Dried fruits are very healthy for us!
5)a piece of 70% chocolate with orange peel. Very tasty though a little high in sugar.
6)a bowl of strawberries. Sweet, slightly sour, and very tasty! A banana also suffices.
7)sometimes, a cup of herbal tea is important when fighting cravings. My favorites are green tea with luisiana, and camomile and mint leaves, and a few others. Ginger with lemon is also tasty, although most prefer to add honey as well.
8) a small bowl of sugar free muesli with 1% milk.
9)a sugar free granola bar. Very tasty and refreshing!
10)If I really can't refrain from eating something that isn't good for me, I take a bite or two and then stop. Not for everyone, this can also lead to pigging out.