A woman is like a tea bag: you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. ~Nancy Reagan
Every time we step over our truth in order to please someone else, we diminish our essential connection with ourselves and deepen the voice of self-doubt - tearing away at our self-confidence and self-esteem.
The moment we relinquish our power to please another, we disempower them as well.
Standing in our power not only allows us to evolve and grow, but it supports those around us in evolving and growing too. When we are willing to take risks, to step outside of our conditioned beliefs and behaviors, become comfortable with confrontation, and tell the truth about who we are and what we want (even if it disappoints someone else), a whole new world opens up.
One of the most common complaints of clients who want life balance coaching is that their plate is fuller than full. Many of us have so many responsibilities in life that we forget to take care of ourselves. And while it’s hard to prioritize something like taking a bath when you have so many other priorities in life, self care is an important aspect of stress management. A massage, soak in the tub or other forms of pampering revitalize you inside and out. And taking time out to treat your body like the temple it is has other benefits:
Photo courtesy of Flickr
9 Habits of an Extraordinary Woman
1. Take care of you - Nurture yourself, pamper yourself, love the skin you are in, nourish your body and sleep! If you don’t take care of you first, you won’t be much use to anyone else-or to yourself.
2. Be your own soul mate - In order to fully accept another partner into your life, you must fully accept and love you. Think about it-if you can’t spend an hour alone with yourself, no one else will want to.
3. Take charge of your finances - Read books by Suze Orman. Being in control of your finances and knowing what’s going on with your investments, retirement etc. empowers you.
4. Design the life you want - Complaining and wallowing in the miseries of your life doesn’t change anything. It just manifests! Decide what you want to do and go for it! You always have the power to choose.
5. Extraordinary women have very high chances of attracting extraordinary men.
6. Set goals and make promises and commitments to yourself.
7. Embrace the real you - Be your authentic self, question and develop your own set of values and beliefs. Trust your heart and follow what resonates with you. When you do this wonderful things start to happen-but don’t take my word for it.
8. Be fearless - Feel the fear and do it anyway. Extraordinary women are leaders. Leaders take risks and change the world.
9. Embrace honesty and dignity in your life - Respect others. Respect yourself. Keep your word. Being mindful of these values helps others become extraordinary and treat you like the extraordinary woman that you are.
“Dreams are journeys that take one far from familiar shores, strengthening the heart, empowering the soul.”