2 teaspoons jarred capers, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper (from a 12-ounce jar)
3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for grill
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon red wine or sherry vinegar
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 slices provolone
5 artichoke hearts (from a 14-oz. can), drained and thinly sliced
1 cup (1 ounce) arugula
1. Preheat grill to gill pan to moderate heat. Grill rolls, cut side down, until just golden, about 1 minute; set aside.
2. Combine mayonnaise, garlic, capers, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
3. Using hands, gently mix sirloin, onion, roasted pepper, bread crumbs, oil, bail, oregano, vinegar, rosemary, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until just combined. Shape into 4 (1 inch thick) patties.
4. Lightly oil grill rack or pan. Grill burgers, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium well. Just before removing from grill, top each burger with 1 slice of cheese and heat until slightly melted.
5. Spread a heaping tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun. Layer with artichoke slices, burger and arugula; cover with top half of bun. Serve immediately.
From the No-Oven Summer Suppers
By Tara Bench
By Ladies Home Journal
Optimum Body Sculpting http://optimumbodysculpting.com/