In the Western world, a complaint you hear at least 10 times a day from people you live with, work with or even stand next to on the train is how tired they always are. Life is wearing us out it would seem and although we try to cram as much as we can into everyday, it seems we're losing. But it doesn't have to be that way. There are small changes we can make that help immediately and before long, you can count yourself out as one of those people who's always saying how tired they are. These are The Seven Secret Habits of Energised People
1. Try morning exercise - yoga stretches, a short run, a swim. You may struggle to get out of bed but what if I promised you it would make you feel more energetic? Guaranteed.
2. Write a to do list for everyday. Now review the list and think about what you can delegate to someone else and what you have to do. Make sure you replace the stuff you delegate with time that is all about you. A walk, a nap, a phone call to a friend who makes you laugh. Something light hearted and escapist.
3. Write a tasks completed list. What's the point of knowing what you have to do without celebrating the stuff that's out of the way. Feel smug!
4. Don't drink alcohol after 9pm and better still, for a great nights sleep, skip it out completely. The difference it makes to your quality of sleep is astonishing. When the alarm goes the next morning, you'll be ready to get up and not feeling desperate for more shut-eye.
5. Don't drink coffee after lunchtime and every time you want a coffee, have a tall glass of water instead. What you eat will either make you more or less tired so make the right choice. Some quick tips here .
6. People get tired when jobs take too long so set deadlines for everything and work in short, sharp bursts. The plan is to get all chores and duties out of the way by 5 so you can start winding down.
7. Stop saying you're tired all the time. Start saying you feel great when anyone asks you and get out of the self-fulfilling rut of saying how exhausted you are. It will only make you feel even more tired. Try it. You can become the person you project.
P.S. -In some cases, the tiredness is not lifestyle related but medical so it may be worth getting your thyroid checked. You may have an under active thyroid which is making you feel worn out - a blood test at your doctors should tell you.