This is Carol Dunlop of Optimum Body Sculpting bringing you this Friday Afternoon Fit Minute. These fitness tidbits will help you focus on fitness and put your wellness back in your hands so that you ARE the boss.
In today’s Fit Minute we’re talking about: How to Burn Calories without Exercise
Your days are long and they don’t stop once you reach home. You think to yourself, “Exercise, what’s that? And who has the time?”
The solution: OK, don’t laugh (well maybe a little later). Yes, there is such a thing as burning calories without exercising. I’ve always professed that fitness can be fun. To prove it, here are 5 ways to do your body good without lifting a single weight.
1. Laugh Out Loud: If you laugh 10-15 minutes everyday, not only will you burn about 40 calories per day, which equals about 4 lbs per year, you’ll also be helping your heart to pump blood more efficiently.
2. Ditch the Sugar Habit:Too much processed sugar can mean extra pounds on your hips. I’m not just talking about what’s on your table, I’m also referring to the hidden sugars in your foods that manufacturers don’t tell you about. Learn to read the labels and see exactly what you are putting in your body. The more efficient you are in utilizing the foods you eat, the better you will feel and the more calories you will burn for energy instead of storing them on your hips.
3. Snooze at Least 6 hours: “The body’s hormones have a 24-hour rhythm,” says Joyce Walsleben, PhD, director of the Sleep Disorder Center at the New York University School of Medicine, and author of A Woman’s Guide to Sleep: Guaranteed Solutions for a Good Night’s Rest. “When you disrupt sleep, you disrupt your hormones. You become glucose intolerant, you want to eat more and you don’t metabolize what you eat as well,” says Walsleben. Relax, listen to some music, turn down the lights and get your mind and your body ready to snooze at least 6 hours tonight. A good night’s, restful sleep burns more calories that you think.
4. Keep it Raw:I’m not a proponent of an all raw diet, but you can avoid cooking certain foods and get a great calorie-burning effect at the same time. Take carrots, celery and apples, for instance, it takes more calories to chew, swallow and then digest them than they even contain. When you eat these types of foods, you’re actually taking advantage of the negative calorie affect.
5. Get a Massage:Getting a massage helps your body cleanse toxins from your cells and in turn they are removed as waste. Some research studies have also suggested that massage is able to burst the fat capsules in subcutaneous tissue so that the fat is absorbed instead of being stored on your body. And if it isn’t stored, it won’t show up on your mid-section.
Do you have questions about how to live the Fit Life? Join me each Tuesday on Fit4Life Radio at 1:00pm EST and get answers, tips and real solutions. Log on to www.optimumbodysculpting.com and click on the Fit4Lfe Radio banner at the bottom of the page. Each week we’ll talk about how you can be more fit next week.
That’s it for today; rememberyou can burn calories without exercising, so get started right now. See you next time with another Fit Minute.