Okay, I know you don't want gut fat or butt fat! And, you don't want too much body fat. The fact remains that too many people are carrying around too much gut fat, butt fat and overall body fat. All locations of fat tend to show up on your body if you're overweight or obese .
According to the International Journal of Obesity (and many other sources), butt fat is healthier than belly fat . Their research shows that gut fat increases risks of heart attack, stroke, diabetes and premature death.
Women tend to carry too much fat on the butt, hips and thighs while men tend to carry too much gut fat. The research showed that women with more butt fat/thigh fat than gut fat have better blood sugar levels, blood fat control and slower fat turnover (prevents inflammation and promotes metabolic health).
So, my challenge to you is to start burning more body fat to make your body healthier. This will give you the best chance to live a longer, healthier life. And, you will have a better self image.
There are no secrets as to how to lean and tone your body.
1. First and foremost, don't ever try a quick weight loss fad diet! If you do, you are setting yourself up to gain more weight than you lose (interpreted yo-yo dieting)!
2. Second, adopt the mindset of starting and maintaining healthy eating patterns and exercising regularly. This might sound boring but it will work to lean and tone your body in the longterm.
3. You won't burn your gut fat by doing 1000 ab curl ups . You will burn your gut fat by eating less foods like sugars, processed foods and saturated fats and eating more foods like fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats.
4. You will burn more total body fat faster by doing high intensity workouts such as full body circuit weight training, jump training and fast-paced cardio sessions (such as sprint intervals). You don't have to workout this intensely all the time (3-4 days a week is plenty). Workout at a slower pace on the other days. Eat right most of the time.
5. The time to start burning fat and losing weight is now! If you've been inactive, start walking today and build up to a regular exercise routine. Its very simple. Just make the commitment.